The purpose of this article is to analyse the digital economy in higher educational institutions of the EU, the USA and the Russian Federation. The study examines topical issues and directions of higher education transformation, in the context of creating a digital learning environment. A learning process model is designed for a higher educational institution. The model will help to obtain competencies that meet the requirements of a digital economy. There is a need to adapt the education system to changes in the labour market. The activities of educational institutions and public authorities should be coordinated to prepare the optimal number of specialists that will be in demand. Corporate and university education should be integrated. Higher educational institutions should focus on increasing digital and business literacy in students, continuous digital training and retraining of teachers. The research developments are universal in nature and might be applied both as part of managing IT-learning processes of individual educational institutions and in national (regional) practices.
Digital Economy; Higher Educational Institutions; Big Data
- Arnold, M., & Fischer, A. (2019). Digitization and Sustainability: Threats, Opportunities, and Trade-Offs. In Responsible, Sustainable, and Globally Aware Management in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (pp. 1-28). IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-7638-9.ch001 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-7638-9.ch001
- Borouj, S., & Esfangareh, N. (2011). Digital economy and tourism impacts, influences and challenges. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 19, 308-316. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.05.136 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.05.136
- Brečko, B., Ferrari, A., Vuorikari R., & Punie Y. (2016). The Digital Competence Framework for Consumers. Joint Research Centre Science for Policy Report; EUR 28133 EN.
- Caixa Bank Research (2019). The digital era and its role in the economy. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, http://www.caixabankresearch.com/en/la-era-digital-y-su-papel-en-la-economia-d2
- Carmichael, S. (2019). The Flash Report: The Global Digital Economy. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://hbr.org/2016/04/the-flash-report-the-global-digital-economy
- Collin, N. (2019). The Digital Economy. Cairn.info. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.cairn-int.info/article-E_NCAE_026_0001--the-digital-economy.htm
- Digital Competence (2019). EU Science Hub. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/digcomp
- Digital Marketing Institute (2019). What’s the Role of Higher Education in a Digital Society? Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/whats-the-role-of-higher-education-in-a-digital-society
- Digital Transformation: Higher Education and Research for Sustainable Development (2018). German Academic Exchange Service, Bonn. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www2.daad.de/medien/veranstaltungen/workshop/experts_on_digitalisation_in_higher_education_and_research_for__sustainability_dec2018.pdf
- Don, T. (2012). Macrowikinomics: Reboting business and the world. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, http://elib.bsu.by/bitstream/123456789/206128/1/62-136-1-SM.pdf.
- Dutta, S., & Mia I. (2011). The Global Information Technology Report 2010–2011. World Economic Forum, 24, 331-391.
- EU Science Hub - European Commission (2019). DIGCOMP: A Framework for Developing and Understanding Digital Competence in Europe. - EU Science Hub - European Commission. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/publication/eur-scientific-and-technical-research-reports/digcomp-framework-developing-and-understanding-digital-competence-europe
- Ezrokh, Y. (2019). HR Perspectives of Russian Universities: Who Will Teach in the Near Future? The Education and science Journal, 21(7), 9-40. doi:10.17853/1994-5639-2019-7-9-40 DOI: https://doi.org/10.17853/1994-5639-2019-7-9-40
- Fielder A., Vuorikari, R., Rodríguez-Priego N., & Punie, Y. (2016). Background Review for Developing the Digital Competence Framework for Consumers. JRC Technical ReportsEUR 28196 EN.
- Huawei Enterprise (2019). The role of universities in the digital economy: Huawei presented its vision for the development of the educational industry. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://e.huawei.com/kz/news/ru/2017/201711021525
- Ismail, N. (2019). Multi-cloud and application services are fuelling digital transformation. Information Age. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.information-age.com/fuelling-digital-transformation-123470425/
- Kovalev, M. (2018). Education for the digital economy. Digital Transformation, 1, 37-42.
- Kvon, G., Prokopyev, A., Shestak, V., Larionova, A., & Shikh, E. (2019). Features of Cost Advantages from Implementation of Energy-Saving Projects. International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, 9(3), 53-58. doi:10.32479/ijeep.7645 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32479/ijeep.7645
- McKinsey (2012) Global Institute, Urban World: Cities and the rise of the consuming class. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/urbanization/urban-world-cities-and-the-rise-of-the-consuming-class
- Online Self-Assessment Tool (2020). Digital Skills Accelerator. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.digitalskillsaccelerator.eu/learning-portal/online-self-assessment-tool/
- Ritzer, G., Dean, P., & Jurgenson, N. (2012). The Coming of Age of the Prosumer. American Behavioral Scientist, 56(4), 379-398. doi:10.1177/0002764211429368 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0002764211429368
- Schwarz, M. (2010). Social Innovation. Innovation. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, http://www.citeulike.org/group/7644/article/5204389
- Shestak, V., & Volevodz, A. (2019). Modern requirements of the legal support of artificial intelligence: a view from Russia. Russian Journal of Criminology, 13(2), 197-206. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17150/2500-4255.2019.13(2).197-206
- Spencer, J. (2019). The Risks and Benefits of Digital Currency. Entrepreneur. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/302778
- The ASEAN Digital Revolution (2019). Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://www.atkearney.com/digital-transformation/article?/a/the-asean-digital-revoluti-1
- Wood, S. (2013). Generation Z as consumers: trends and innovation. Institute for Emerging Issues: NC State University. Retrieved on 01 January 2020 from, https://iei.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/GenZConsumers.pdf