The journal Space and Culture, India, launched in 2013, has become ten years old, and the whole year has been dedicated to celebrating its birthday. This issue, Volume 10, Number 3, is a special issue on COVID-19, which brought the world to a standstill. Executed under the leadership of Professor Venkat Rao Pulla, the issue disseminates tales of the impact of COVID-19 worldwide, resilience and coping strategies.
COVID-19, Lockdown, Civil Society Organisations, Globalisation, Race, Trauma, Ethnicity, SAARC Countries, Ubuntu, South Africa
- Bhattacharyya, Rituparna and Sarma, Pranjit Kumar and Nath, Manjit (2020). COVID-19 and India’s Labour Migrant Crisis. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. https://ssrn.com/abstract=3720492
- Coronavirus Research Centre, John Hopkins University (n.d.). COVID-19 Dashboard. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Moore, Andrew (2020, 19 May). How the Coronavirus Created a Toilet Paper Shortage. College of Natural Resources News. https://cnr.ncsu.edu/news
- Singh, Suman and Bhattacharyya, Rituparna (2020). A Review of Domestic Violence against Women in India during Lockdown. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. https://ssrn.com/abstract=3720489
- The Guardian (2020, 12 April). Revealed: Surge in domestic violence during Covid-19 crisis. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/apr/12/domestic-violence-surges-seven-hundred-per-cent-uk-coronavirus
- UN Women (2020, 6 April). Violence against women and girls: the shadow pandemic. https://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2020/4/statement-ed-phumzile-violence-against-women-during-pandemic