Covid Warriors in India: Battling Denial Stigma and Discrimination
COVID-19, Discrimination, Stigmatisation
- Ahmed, N. (2020, 15 September). Dr. Niaz, recounts his DSD experiences, both as front-line worker and COVID-19 survivor. Communication to https://peerconsult.network/g/CovidAction-in/topic/76703574#71
- Bhattacharya, P., Banerjee, D., & Rao, T. S. (2020). The “Untold” Side of COVID-19: Social Stigma and Its Consequences in India. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 42(4), 382-386. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0253717620935578
- Dsouza, D., Quadros, S., Hyderabadwala, Z. J., & Mamun, M. A. (2020). Aggregated COVID-19 suicide incidences in India: Fear of COVID-19 infection is the prominent causative factor. Psychiatry Research, 113-145 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.113145
- Firestone, R.W. & Catlett, J. (2009). Beyond Death Anxiety: Achieving Life-affirming Death Awareness. 408 pages (paperback) Springer, New York, https://www.springerpub.com/beyond-death-anxiety-9780826105516.html
- Gopal, R. (2020) Strategies for addressing Denial, Stigma and Discrimination (DSD) in COVID-19, Moderator, Peer Consult, https://peerconsult.network/g/CovidAction-in/message/52
- Kumar, C.& Mohanty, D. (2020, 11May). The Hindustan Times, Migrant workers battle stigma, bias back home, https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/migrant-workers-battle-stigma-bias-back-home/story-0uuRSEZfoickVOrPU2agGL.html
- Peerconsult.network (2020), This post is on behalf of one who prefers to be anonymous due to the DSD issues in COVID-19. https://peerconsult.network/g/CovidAction-in/topic/76703574#71
- Pulla, V. (2020, forthcoming COVID 19 special edition). As humanity copes through a pandemic- Editorial Essay, International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change.
- Rafique, M, (2020) Strategies for addressing Denial, Stigma and Discrimination (DSD) in COVID-19, Moderator, Peer Consult, https://peerconsult.network/g/CovidAction-in/message/52
- Scambler, G. (2009). Health‐related stigma. Sociology of health & illness, 31(3), 441-455. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9566.2009.01161.x
- Staff Reporter (2020, 04 July). Discrepancies in corona tests and data from private labs. The Hindu.
- The Hindu (2020, 03 September). COVID-19 Onam effect after two weeks: CM,
Download data is not yet available.